Vegetarian Slow Cooker Enchiladas
I found the original recipe for this on Le Creme De La Crumb. I have altered it slightly to fit my preferences!
For the last year I have only shopped at Trader Joe's because I've found that it saves me money, they have a great selection of different products, and their frozen meals are so easy and amazing. This recipe is using only ingredients from Trader Joe's, but they can all be easily found at your local grocery store.
I'm the kind of person who scrolls past every thing on a blog page to get to the recipe at the bottom, so I'll keep my intro short and I'll put the recipe close to the top! I LOVE this and so does my boyfriend- who usually complains about meals without meat. It feeds both of us for a good 3 days of lunches or dinners and it's super cheap!
- 1 15-ounce can drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 15-ounce can drained and rinsed yellow corn
- 1 15-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 12-ounce bottle enchilada sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces/half container cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 dollup sour cream